Are you confused about how to use interior design hashtags on Instagram? Hashtags could be a crucial part of your Instagram strategy to grow your audience. And that could even translate into more interior design customers!
You can also use home decor hashtags to find the best interior design content on Instagram. So, I’ve collected the best hashtags for interior design in one easy and accessible list! Plus, I’ll share some tips on hashtag strategy and interior design captions for Instagram!
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, with 1.3 billion users worldwide. So, it’s a great place to connect with more of your target audience.
But you’ll need to use the platform strategically to make sure people see your content. And not just anyone, but ideally, people interested in your content and what you do.
One of the best ways to grow your audience on Instagram is by using hashtags. The reason is that Instagram users follow hashtags to see more content in that niche.
Inspiration hashtags are some of the most popular in the interior design niche. People searching for these hashtags could come across your content!
So, it’s essential to identify the hashtags that speak to your target audience. Then, you can start getting your content in front of the right people. And hopefully, they will comment, engage, save, and share your posts.
When that happens, it tells Instagram you’re doing something right. So, as a result, Instagram will show your posts to even more people!
But the first step is to work out which hashtags to use, anyway. And that’s where this guide will help you out. I’ve researched the most popular interior design hashtags trending on Instagram.
Here’s a collection of the best home decor hashtags for Instagram.
You can use these hashtags as part of your strategy to grow your followers and increase your reach. As a result, they could lead to you finding more clients as part of your Instagram funnel!
So, select a few of these hashtags and try them out!
Here’s a list of the best Instagram hashtags for home decor. You can use these home hashtags in your posts, Stories, and Reels to gain more engaged followers.
- #homedecoration (11.6 million posts)
- #decor (88 million posts)
- #interiordecorating (7.3 million posts)
- #interiorstyle (5.6 million followers)
- #homedecor (117 million posts)
- #homeinspo (9.5 million posts)
- #housetour (900,000 posts)
- #interior (76 million posts)
- #architecture (164 million posts)
- #architecturedesign (4 million posts)
- #architectureporn (8 million posts)
- #furnituremakeover (1.25 million posts)
- #furnituredesigner (570,000 posts)
- #interiorstyling (15.5 million posts)
- #interiorstyle (5.5 million posts)
- #interiorstylist (1.5 million posts)
- #interiorstyled (500,000 posts)
- #interiorstylingideas (120,000 posts)
- #homesweethome (60 million posts)
- #interiorlovers (3.4 million posts)
- #housegoals (2.5 million posts)
- #houseenvy (650,000 posts)
- #instahome (14 million posts)
Sometimes, you’re showcasing a particular room in the house. It could be the kitchen, bathroom, or the bedroom. Here are some hashtags you can use on those occasions:
- #kitchendesigntrends (31,000 posts)
- #kitchendesign (11 million posts)
- #kitcheninspiration (1.5 million posts)
- #kitchenisland (1 million posts)
- #kitchendecor (4.4 million posts)
- #furniture (36 million posts)
- #bathroomdesign (5 million posts)
- #bathroominspo (1.1 million posts
- #bathroomdecor (2.5 million posts)
- #bathroomremodel (1.5 million posts)
- #bathroomrenovation (1 million posts)
- #bathroominspiration (800,000 posts)
- #homeoffice (9 million posts)
- #homeofficedecor (400,000 posts)
- #homeofficeideas (270,000 posts)
- #homeofficedesign (180,000 posts)
- #bedroomdecor (6.4 million posts)
- #bedroomgoals (1.2 million posts)
So, now you have a list of the top interior design hashtags, but you’re not sure how to use them. Well, that will depend on the type of content you want to create.
For example, you can create a regular Instagram grid post and add hashtags to your caption. You can use up to 30 hashtags for a grid post, although recent trends recommend using around 11 hashtags.
Alternatively, you can add your hashtags in the first comment. That allows you to keep your caption on topic, neat, and clean.
On a Story, you can include up to 10 hashtags. It can look a little messy, though. But you can use a handy trick to hide your hashtags in your IG Stories. Here’s a quick and easy tutorial on how to do it:
It’s also a good idea to branch out and use a range of hashtags, even across different niches. Anyone into lifestyle content is also likely to want to make their home look amazing. So, try to work some lifestyle hashtags into your posts to broaden your reach on Instagram.
You can also look at what hashtags your competitors are using on Instagram. Follow similar accounts and check out which hashtags they use frequently. You can take inspiration from other creators – just don’t copy their content!
And finally, don’t forget to optimize your interior design captions for Instagram. Make them snappy, and interesting, and don’t forget to include a call to action. You want your followers to engage with your posts, so ask them a question or get them to interact.
Reels are short videos that are currently going viral on Instagram. They’re super popular and a great way to increase your audience.
In July 2021, Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri announced that it’s no longer just a photo-sharing app. Since then, creating video content is one of the most effective things you can do on Instagram.
But how can you include hashtags in your Reels? It’s actually very simple. All you need to do is add your hashtags to your caption, just like with a regular post.
The Wrap Up
Now, you should be an expert on the top interior design hashtags for Instagram. And even better, you’ll know how to use them strategically to increase your reach on the platform.
Let me know how it goes with your new hashtag strategy! Don’t forget to bookmark this page so you can come back to it for a refresher on the best hashtags.
And make sure to follow Quiet Minimal on Pinterest for more interior design content!