Incorporating large wood wall art into your home’s decor adds an organic, nature-inspired element that instantly warms up any space. Oversized wooden artworks make a striking statement while providing texture and visual interest. From abstract sculptures to intricate carvings, wood’s versatility allows endless style possibilities to suit your aesthetic vision.
As you look to add that special focal point to your living room, bedroom, or entryway, consider the allure of extra-large wood wall art and the timeless appeal it brings.
- Oversized wood wall art makes a bold decorative statement and focal point
- Options like carved wood or wood slices bring natural texture and warmth
- Place large statement pieces behind seating areas or beds to enhance those spaces
- Complement with neutrals and natural materials for a cohesive look
- Proper installation is key – use anchors for heavy pieces
Selecting Your Large Wood Wall Art Piece
When selecting your large wood wall art, consider the room, your style, and the overall mood you want to achieve. Abstract pieces bring modern flair, while intricate carvings offer traditional charm.
- Consider the room – bedroom pieces tend to be more peaceful
- Select your preferred style – from modern to traditional
- Decide on the mood – soothing, striking, sleek
- Sculptures make the boldest statements
- Carved and sanded designs offer texture
Wood Type for Large Wall Art
From oak to pine to maple, wood types have their own unique grains, textures, and colors to consider. Oak’s bold grain pairs nicely with contemporary spaces, while pine’s soft hue complements Bohemian-style rooms.
- Oak has a dramatic, varied grain
- Pine has a soft grain and light color
- Maple has a fine, consistent grain pattern
- Walnuts are dark and rich in contrast
- Consistent wood type creates a flow
Abstract Wood Sculptures
Abstract oversized wood sculptures make an ultra-modern design statement. Their fluid shapes and forms contrast wonderfully against square walls for visual impact. Sculpt your focal point with sanded finishes in natural or blackened wood tones.
- Fluid, irregular shapes for modern flair
- Natural and blackened wood finishes
- Contrast square walls for visual impact
- Enhance living rooms, bedrooms
- Make unique bookcases or shelving
Geometric Wood Wall Panels
Add a modern edge with large geometric wood wall panels. Interlocking wood rectangles and squares make a textural cross-hatch pattern when arranged in eye-catching configurations. Leave panels natural or finish in on-trend black for a chic contrast.
- Geometric squares for modern style
- Natural or blackened finishes
- Interlocking wood pieces
- Contrasting visual impact
- Pairs with contemporary decor
Geometric Wood Art
Make a majestic statement by installing an intricately geometric wood in a high-impact spot above your dining table or bed. Spotlight wood grains and natural variations on a large scale for a gorgeous effect.
- Intricately carved circular focal points
- Draw the eye upwards
- Natural wood variations shine when spotlighted
- Damask, tribal, and floral styles
- Make dining rooms and bedrooms pop
Wood Slices for Organic Texture
Incorporate reclaimed wood slices on your accent wall to infuse natural texture. Highlight colorful grains and patterns for subtle visual impact. Group wooden rounds in cluster configurations or asymmetric layouts on painted walls for an organic feel.
- Reclaimed wood slices
- Colorful, varied grains
- Natural texture
- Cluster configurations work well
- Asymmetric or floor-to-ceiling layouts
Black and White Abstract Wood Panels
Make a modern geometric statement with an oversized black and white wood wall feature. Abstract cut timber pieces form bold fractured lines when arranged in graphic layouts. Contrast the striking negative space against soft whites and natural wood tones.
- Geometric, fragmented timber lines
- Graphic black and white color scheme
- Softens harsh lines with curved edges
- Contrasts warm wood tones
- Make a living room or bedroom focal point
Wood Wall Art Over Bed
An oversized wood wall feature, when thoughtfully placed over the bed, becomes a majestic bedroom focal point. Pair sustainably harvested live-edge maple slabs in their organic shape above your headboard. Integrate soft accent lighting to create the ultimate soothing sanctuary.
- Naturally shaped live-edge wood
- Position above the bed’s headboard
- Soft accent lighting sets the mood
- Sustainably harvested materials
- Perfect for master bedrooms
Carved Geometric Wall Panels
Make a textural statement by installing abstract hand-carved wood feature walls. Arrange geometric triangle reliefs in symmetrical or staggered layouts as your starting point. Leave with a natural finish or update with an on-trend black stain.
- Geometric triangular wall panels
- Hand-carved for an organic feel
- Staggered or symmetrical arrangements
- The black color scheme makes the modern style impact
- Adds gorgeous texture to walls
Reclaimed Wood Architectural Salvage
Salvaged old-growth wood beams, often reclaimed from barns or buildings, make stunning, rugged wall art. Display naturally weathered patinas and hammer marks from their former life. Suspend singularly or group multiple beams together to infuse industrial charm.
- Salvaged wood architectural beams
- Rugged, weathered patinas
- Hammer marks tell a story
- Suspend individually or in groups
- Perfect for modern industrial spaces
Wood Wall Art Sets
Make a design statement by utilizing mix-and-match wood wall art sets. Display an assortment of carved wood panels, blocks, or rounds together for eclectic appeal. Complement with colorful accents and varied frames. Let wood grains and natural variations shine.
- Mix-and-match carved wood sets
- Variety of sizes and shapes
- Eclectic grouping adds charm
- Colorful accents in frames
- Spotlights wood’s natural beauty
Black Stained Abstract Wood Art
Make a modern impact with an abstract black-stained wood art sculpture. Bleach and stain natural-grain knotty pine in contemporary irregular shapes for intriguing shadow lines and gorgeous contrast. This organic sculptural element enlivens stark spaces.
- Black-stained knotty pine wood
- Abstract modern shapes
- Bleaching technique
- Intriguing shadow lines
- Perfect for modern and contemporary rooms
Floating Wood Shelves
Strike a decorative chord by floating thick rectangular wood shelves on your accent wall. Paint the wall black to ground the eye, then artfully stagger shelves to display cherished belongings. The negative space makes as much impact as the wood itself.
- Thick floating wood shelves
- Black accent wall grounds composition
- Decoratively stagger shelves
- Showcase meaningful accessories
- Makes smart use of negative space
Extra Large Wood Round Art
Make an eye-catching focal point by mounting an extra large wood round on your blank wall. Upcycle a salvaged wood slice from a tree cross-section for organic appeal. Hang as-is or give new life with updated finishes like black char or blue stain.
- Massive round carved from tree trunk
- Salvaged wood makes the sustainable choice
- Updated color finishes modernize the look
- Draws the eye as a focal point
- Perfect above sideboards
Wood Pixel Picture Wall
Wood pixels form a retro video game-inspired picture wall that instantly livens up any blank space. Arrange mini wood cubes in pixelated configurations to resemble a pixelated image or abstract pattern. Such a creative display sparks conversation.
- Wood pixels arranged in grid formations
- Abstract patterns work well
- Retro video game aesthetic
- Mini-wood cubes create pixels
- Sparks playful conversations
Wood Wall Art Layouts
Get creative with your wall layouts. Beyond symmetrical arrangements, try stacking wood pieces vertically, clustering in asymmetrical groups, mixing various sizes, or scaling pieces to ceiling height for drama. Play with floating shelves and creative lighting techniques, too.
- Go beyond symmetry
- Stack or float pieces
- Embrace asymmetric and eclectic groupings
- Incorporate a variety of sizes
- Creative lighting takes it up a notch
Wood Wall Art Finishes
Refine wood wall art finishes to complement your decor scheme. Beyond natural wood stains, embrace white- or black-painted finishes for modern appeal. Antique distressing and aging techniques make new pieces appear timeworn.
- Look beyond basic wood stains
- Whitewashed and black finishes
- Weathered distressing adds age
- Paint techniques like rag-rolling
- Tailor finish to decor style
Extra Large Carved Wood Wall Panels
Make a grand entrance statement by installing a set of extra large carved wood wall panels in your foyer. Opt for symmetrical floral designs with traditional charm. Place matching panels on opposite walls for pleasant symmetry.
- Floral carved wood panels
- Symmetrical placement on opposite walls
- Visually expanding small spaces
- Makes grand foyer introductions
- Traditional charm
Burned Wood Wall Art
Make an artistic, organic statement with burned wood wall art. Use a wood-burning technique to create abstract textures and patterns on recycled boards. The charred effect adds contrast and visual drama. Works well in industrial and modern spaces.
- Burned wood textures and patterns
- Created with a wood-burning tool
- Recycled boards
- The charred effect offers a contrast
- Suits industrial modern decor
Wood Block Wall Art
Showcase modern simplicity with a wall layout of solid wood blocks. Choose blocks with interesting grain patterns or incorporate varying wood types. Leave it unfinished or lacquer it in dark walnut and ebony tones for a chic contrast.
- Solid wood block pieces
- Interesting grain patterns
- Varying wood types
- Dark walnut and ebony lacquered finishes
- Embodies modern simplicity
The rustic warmth and texture of wood wall art infuse spaces with organic comfort and timeless appeal. By bringing the outdoors inside, large wood focal points enhance blank walls with artistic flair. Their versatility also enables wood artwork to match any style vision with the right finishes and configuration.
Arrange abstract sculptures, intricate carvings, reclaimed beams, geometric panels, or wall systems based on your aesthetic. Embrace wood slices, live edges, charred timber, and creative layouts for lots of decorative flexibility. Proper anchoring and display lighting complete the look for gorgeous focal features that stand the test of time.
Follow Quiet Minimal on Pinterest for more home design tips and inspiration.